Monday, January 21, 2008

Pops Update

Since my previous post, Pops has not been in the neighborhood for one single performance. Maybe he's just letting things cool down a bit. Maybe his feelings were truly hurt. Maybe I need to pop the champagne cork.

I would do just that, except that Pops was just 1 piece of a large puzzle. At 2am on a freezing Monday morning in January, I had to contend with some of the loudest conversations known to man outside of the Cyclops last night. Where does it stop? Do I schedule an appointment each night to speak with the night owls about how they should shut up?

Though I consider the results of my battle with Pops to be a small (probably temporary) victory, I'm going to have to concede defeat on this one. I figure a box of earplugs will carry me through until the condo sells this spring, especially since a high-powered rifle is not really an option.

4 comments:

robin said...

I found a letter recently from an old friend and the writing on this blog seems similar to that old letter. Were you through Ft. Collins for a bit back in the late 80's early 90's? I've been wondering what ever happened to him since the days in that hippie household...

berlinguette said...

Robin,
I wish there was some way I could reply directly to you. The person in question would be my brother Steve. I rarely check this blog anymore, so sorry I didn't respond sooner.

I hope this note somehow finds you ok.

In the meantime, I'll check in on Steve to see if he remembers a Robin from that era.

cheers!

robin said...

I guess he didn't remember, but if it's not to late, it's robin from Marcia's house where don had his bus in back...with the white subaru that smelled like patchouli!

berlinguette said...

Well, I guess I did tell you that I never look at this blog, so again, I apologize that it's been over a year since your last comment.

Steve remembered you. Send me a note at david.berlinguette@gmail.com, and I'll provide you with his contact info if you're interested.